Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Minor Set Back

So...as easy as I went with the weights yesterday (baby 5lb-ers), my neck/shoulder/arm problem is rearing its ugly head today. I am a little down about this, because 1) the strengthening execises weren't that strenuous so it is a reminder of how weak my injury has made me, and 2) I don't want to throw my weekly goal out the door. I will just have to breathe, regroup, and think of what modifications I can make. Maybe use soup cans for a few days instead of weights, maybe skip the little push up interval. I know I can at least continue with the power walk regimen. I have to choose not to let this minor set back get me down!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your set back. Maybe it'll brighten your day to know that you inspired me today.

    I did not want to exercise when I got home from work... I was not planning on going to the gym. I was not even debating whether or not to work out. It just wasn't happening. Then I remembered you and your goal to MOVE at least once a day and, by golly, it motivated me to put on my sports bra, gym shoes (and some other clothing too) and I hit the elliptical machine!!! Now I feel great and I'm so proud of myself for working out! Thanks, BB30!!!

    ReplyDelete