Thursday, July 2, 2009

A Thursday Evening Discovery

Today I half heartedly boarded my elliptical. Let's just say it's been quite a week. Despite busy days at work and some auditions, I've had a private issue adding to my stress. Nevertheless, I began pumping away on the machine and something magical happened....it was so much easier than it's been lately. I was at a higher level and flying. It felt good. Elle Woods is correct: Exercise gives you endorphins and endorphins make you happy. I had an outlet for my tension and stomped out all of my emotion and frustrations from the week. I finished my workout with a sense of lightness and elation. Seriously, exercise is an amazing tonic. It's tough when you've had a rough day to muster the strength to get yourself up and going, but I realized just how healing it was for me today.

Has exercise proved to be the best medicine for you?

2 comments:

  1. Hello there. I just found your blog. Yesterday. It is so nice to find someone who is deteremined to get rid of this extra weight that we are packing. I have a loooooooooooooooong way to go. But, I have already started to notice a small difference in myself. The workouts are getting the slightest bit easier. And I look forward to them. They give me energy later, even if they sap all my energy at first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have actually started to look forward to my workouts (gasp!) as relief of my crappy days (I don't like my job much). but i totally understand that half-hearted climb onto the machine thinking, "I'll just do 15 and if I still feel like this, I'll stop." those are also the days that I end up doing more than I thought and feel really good about it.

    ReplyDelete