Soooo, I've been told to keep track of changes I notice after having acupuncture on Saturday so I can report them when I go back on Friday. So far I have noticed that I am breathing easier (which I mentioned before), I am not as cold as I typically am (I am always cold and typically don't last long with bare arms unless it's the middle of summer and I am outside), I'm gassy (I'm so dainty I know), and my eye has only twitched once (it barely twitched for a micro second today but that's it). I have no idea what any of that means, but it's all fascinating and good (sans the gassy part). Hopefully I will go Friday, have the acupuncturist work his needle magic on my metabolism, and I will wake up Saturday being able to diet and exercise and actually lose weight like a normal human. (Note: My expectations are managed with that one.) Here's to healin'!
Also, here is what will happen if you purchase a heart rate monitor/calorie counter.
1) You will spend lots of money.
2) It will tell you that you do The Shred without cheating and only burn 80 calories.
3) It will tell you that you do 30 minutes of cardio and only burn 100 calories.
3) You will feel like you have been robbed.
4) You will order a new elliptical machine from Sports Authority to replace your deceased one.
At least this has been my experience thus far with my Polar heart rate monitor. The hubby is going to try to recalibrate it.