Monday, January 2, 2012

No Spoon Required

Much to your disbelief, there are many times that my food does not require the use of a soup spoon.

Behold, things I've eaten recently that aren't soup.
Homemade seitan roast with sauteed mushrooms, garlic parsnip mash, and steamed green beans dressed with fresh lemon juice and cracked pepper 
Whole wheat rotini with portabello mushroom sauce and steamed vegetables
Gorgeous Fresh Steamed Brussels Sprouts (kissed with Earth Balance and Garlic)
I eat well around here.

To keep myself somewhat on track while I was off between Christmas and New Year's, I engaged in The Shred Level 2, and invested in Billy Blanks' Taebo Cardio Explosion. The Taebo DVD is great and scratches my kickboxing itch. It really gets your heart rate up and I noticed that the format is very tabata like and has 20-30 second bursts of moves. I am really glad that I will have it on hand for pinches and when I need to get in a workout on the weekend. I have been contemplating leaving my current fitness center, because the classes have changed and now there is only one cardio kickboxing option when there used to be three each week that worked for me. Sorry, Turbokick, you aren't the same. With rehearsals many days during the week, I need the days I have off to be good ones class-wise and I find that I am typically left with options I truly dislike. It's frustrating.

Happy New Year to everyone! I wish you all health and happiness in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment