Sunday, January 22, 2012

Jelly Donut Cupcakes

On New Year's Eve we planned to have a couple of people over and I was making some snackables. I decided to try the Veganomicon's Jelly Doughnut Cupcakes. Basically, these are a vanilla cupcake filled with preserves or jam. I had some fresh cranberries on hand, so I cooked some up with a little Splenda for my filling.

They cooked up fine, but they stuck to the paper a bit. I had replaced the oil with applesauce, and I think this was one of the cases that applesauce won't cut it. Still, they tasted just fine and he cranberry filling was a nice touch.
I hit them with some gross-for-you-yet-delicious sugar free processed frosting.
These were cute. Our plans got cancelled, so in the trash these went. I couldn't have them in the house. I would like to try them again some time with grape or blackberry preserves and peanut butter frosting. PB&J cupcake! 

1 comment: