Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Kaeng Raeng Cleanse: Day Three

Yesterday was the first day in a few weeks that at some point in the day I didn’t get a bloaty belly. That’s good. I suppose I feel a little cleaner, but I am still confused at how so much sugar via fruit (albeit natural sugar) can be great.

Last night while I already had the blender out and making a mess for dinner, I blended up my breakfast and lunch smoothies. Once prepared, they are good for 24 hours. It definitely helped in the hustle bustle of the morning.

I started out with the Daybreak smoothie. I wasn’t really feeling the need for anything else.

I was ready for a snack around 10am. I had an apple. I would have preferred a huge cup of coffee and ten blueberry pancakes with syrup (but perhaps that comes from being blessed with a visit from Aunt Flo.)

At 11am I needed more snacks and had some daikon and cucumber slices. I was also dying for the taste of coffee and since my throat is feeling less sore and could handle it, I went for a cup of decaf. I don’t know if that’s a big deal or not.

For lunch I had a big salad (romaine, spring mix, tomatoes, snap peas, cucumbers) and an Into the Blue Smoothie. It’s my least favorite. I feel like its consistency is different. It definitely thickened up after being refrigerated overnight and at Dayjobland, so I diluted it with water and splash of 100% apple juice. I drank it much faster. I think with this flavor, I need to make it as watery as possible.

I wondered if today would break me. I felt quite hefty as only Aunt Flo can make a girl do and just wanted some warm food.

I thought I would be craving salt like mad, but not really. I am craving steamed kale crisped with a little olive oil and some toast. Maybe I am not as over-salted as I thought. If anything this cleanse will make me want MORE salt or give me a sugar dependence. It’s so sweet.

After doing a ton of walking to and from an appointment, I needed a little nourishment before going to workout and popped 6 raw cashews.

Dinner was a big salad (romaine, tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, squash) followed by a Joyful Smoothie (with added frozen strawberries)

7am   Day break smoothie and hot tea
10am Apple
11am Daikon and cucumber slices, decaf coffee
12pm Into the Blue Smoothie and Big Salad
2pm   Banana
5:30pm Raw Cashews
8pm   Big Salad
9pm   Joyful Smoothie

Hot tea and water throughout the day.

Exercise for this week is:
Tuesday Strength Boxing
Wednesday Yogalates
Friday Cardio Step Up

I don't feel deprived necessarily since I can eat, but I miss cooked food and bread. I am not quite noticing a huge difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment