Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Playtime in the Kitchen

Of course some of the yummiest things spring from those I-have-nothing-what-the-heck-do-I-throw-together-for-dinner days.

Saturday was no exception. I was out and about in the world from 9:45am-7:30pm, running errands, attending my hippy women's seminar, and running more errands. I was tired, I was hungry, I was unmotivated to move and still had to prepare for the next's day film shoot. I wearily made it to the fridge and decided to experiment with some black bean/corn salad I had made the day before. You all know this easy side dish. If not-it couldn't easier and more delicious. It's also so simple to alter depending on your mood, or favorite beans and herbs.
(which is very similar to what mine was like)

Anywho, I scooped out 2/3 cup of the salad and added approximately a cup of  weak vegetable broth (because my salad was already seasoned and salty). I let it come to a nice boil, gave it about a minute of immersion blender time to thicken the broth but leave nice chunks of veggies and beans, and voila! A simple but fabulous soup was born. I paired it with a TLT (Tofu//Lettuce/Tomato sandwich-with onion of course) and I was a happy camper.

A culinary genius I am not, but oh how I love happy accidents. I made this again on Sunday night too!

1 comment:

  1. Hi charming girl....you have a wonderful blog...apart from visiting your blog.. i feel to drop a comment for you here at your blog...since you have a wonderful contents,,,really ..for a non native english speaking person like me...this blog helps to improve communication by reading the contents....

    I would like to keep in touch with u as a blogger and also as a friend...

    thank u...nice blog and you are really awesome with bikini..rock on bikini

    ReplyDelete