Monday, September 14, 2009

Achy Breaky Me Or Ramblings of A Bleary BB30

I must make a confession: I did not work out last week. There I said it. It's out there. I ate fine and did ride my bike and was active, but I did not have an actual workout for seven days. BUT today, despite the difficulty, I got back on the proverbial horse and did an On Demand Bun and Thigh Yoga routine as well as my fave Lizbeth Garcia Pilates routine.

We were moved to different locations on our floor last week at my day job which involved packing a multitude of boxes and lots of lifting. Needless to say, my bum arm that was doing so well is very angry. I am achy from all of that as well as stress.

Another confession: I abhor not being in the writer's spirit and articulating myself better at the moment, but better to write a stream of consciousness to document my weary state than to write nothing at all.

Weary. This is the perfect word to describe me right now. Drained+exhausted+achy=weary.

Where is the energy exercise is supposed to bring me on this tiring day? Today it feels like a chore more than a treat.

A Third Confession: I am embarrassed to be so publicly negative. However, this is an important part of the journey: The part where I am not sure I can make it. The part where I need a break. We all go through it and I wouldn't be keeping an honest account of my journey if I didn't bear it all.

Which brings me to my goal for this week (which I used as my goal for last week as well): Keep Positive. I felt as though I was in need of mental challenge rather than a physical challenge. I am trying to stay positive throughout this grouchy, overworked, frazzled time. Instead of letting myself get too down and let negative BB30 seep in saying, "this is it, I can't go any further," I am telling myself that one day my slump will be over and focusing on remembering that I am merely in a personal rough patch and it WILL come to an end.

Have you hit a slump lately? What have you done to pull yourself out?

2 comments:

  1. I am proud of you for your honesty, introspection and the wisdom to know that changing up your focus from physical to mental is what you need right now. Clearly the stress is too much - take care of your mind and your body will follow, my dear. So will margaritas, and I'm coming to have one (or four) with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All last week was a slump. I started a jog/walk program the other day. It's amazing how fast those endorphins come flooding back. It sounds like you need a nice long soak in a bath, or a hot tub. Afterwards, go for a nice glass of red wine, it's good for you! You're in chicago, right? Go do something touristy, walk Navy Pier or hit Shedds. It still counts as exercise, and fall in Chicago is an awesome time. I'm sorry you're in a slump, but it is nice to see you have ups and downs too. We're here to cheer you on!

    ReplyDelete