Friday, February 11, 2011

What Room Are You In?

In case you weren't aware, The Nine Rooms of Happiness, is out in paperback! I know for me when I am stressing or have anxiety about something it all mushes together and can make me feel crazy or out of control (which usually makes me want chips and treats and way too many indulgences.) This book helps me to compartmentalize areas of stress and get to the root of them. This is why I connect so well with this book and separating areas of my life into rooms of a house. Yes, the bathroom is a battle ground sometimes-it's a source of relaxation with nice hot baths, but we also weigh ourselves there and beat ourselves up sometimes when we look in the mirror. The Office (where I am most days) is where you deal with frustrations and joys about career and money. The Kitchen is where I go for joy and community but it can be a tough room because that is also the food room. One of the biggest things it helped me with is understanding that while things are going bad in one room, things can be going great in other rooms. That is key for a recovering black-and-white thinker like myself.

In the back of the paperback the authors Lucy Danziger and Catherine Birndorf include excerpts of people who applied the book to their lives. I am so incredibly honored that I have a mention about my using this blog as well as their book as a way to get to the root of food issues and how I have used it to help me establish a way of saving money so I can build up strong enough savings to take a leap of faith and find happiness in a career.

Please give this book a read, you'll be better for it! I'd love to chat about it with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment