Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My Crush on Cooking Channel

Recently The Cooking Channel began running the special The Veg Edge. It's all about the amazingness of vegetarian and vegan fare across America. What I loved so much is that they show a wide variety of eaters from meat lovers to flexitarians to vegetarians to vegans celebrating how freakin' amazing plant based meals can be. Vegetables are beautiful and delicious and give us everything we need. I even got to catch a glimpse of one of my vegan heroes, Isa from The Post Punk Kitchen, in action! Personally my spirit has changed since eliminating animal products from my diet. I feel a lightness I have never felt before! I also don't fear carbs or holidays anymore. I am overwhelmed and delighted that The Cooking Channel would devote a whole special to veggie cooking! I am crossing my fingers that they will receive enough postive feedback to bring in a vegetarian/vegan cooking show.

Please check it out. I dare your belly not grumble. You can still catch it January 1st at 9amEST and January 2nd at 7pmEST.

Eat your veggies in 2011 folks! It's easier than you think. At my Christmas dinner this year my in-laws had THREE vegan friendly dishes at the table without even trying!!! YES!!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool that they have a show like that. I'm not a veg but I like seeing what you can do in place of meat as the primary focus point of a meal.

    I don't even know if I have the Cooking Channel-I need to look into it!

    ReplyDelete