Friday, May 14, 2010

Moving Forward

Don’t you hate when the blogs your read don’t update in a week and a half. I do. Oh wait…..sorry about that.

So what does one do when they reach a goal? Make more goals!

Trouble is, I am stuck on where to go from here. I seriously have no desire to run a marathon of any kind. I know I could do it with some practice and hard work, but Ireally, I am just not interested.

I do have one goal established: Scandalous Bikini By November. My east coast besties (that I still can’t believe flew in to surprise me for my birthday-sigh) gave me what I call a “scandalous bikini” for a birthday gift.
You: How is this more scandalous than your black bikini?
Me: Trust me, friend, that is one teensy top and one low rise bottom!

Truth be told, although I am in a great place, there is still some toning up and slimming down I would like to do, and I have yet to actually take that Big Moment first pubic walk along a beach in any bikini, much less this more revealing one. My husband and I are planning a warm beachy trip for November, and I have made it a goal to sport my “scandalous bikini” at that time. So I have about six months to do some more work and feel confident struttin’ it in all of my saucy zebra glory. Good, great, so there’s that.

I also plan to continue measuring myself each month, keeping in mind that maintenance alone is a big deal. I feel like if I know I have made a commitment to measure every month and post it, I will be motivated to be stay true to my clean healthy eating and fitness goals. Good, great, so there’s that too.

One body part that is trouble for so many women of every size (and of course me too) is upper arms. It seems like that area is so sensitive and lacks the same elasticity that other body parts (I ahve no info to back this up other my simple observation), so stretching it in and out over all of my years of ups and downs with flab has done a number on them. This area simply takes a ton of work. So, today I make the commitment to do some form of tricep work every day, even if it’s just 20 reps. Now we are getting somewhere. This is good. I function better a daily and/or weekly goals.
I also want to post more. I am the road to a very busy summer starting with finishing up my current show a week from Sunday (frown) and already doing some preliminary meetings and rehearsals for a little indie movie I will shoot in June and some of July (probably most of July actually). Come August, my east coast besties return for a weekend of Lollapalooza goodness, and then come mid-late August I begin rehearsals for the remount (yay they love us) of a play I did last fall. That takes me all the way to my scandalous bikini vacation- all the while still working a full time day job and doing everyday grown up tasks like doing laundry, keeping my apartment moderately in order, and buying and cooking healthy groceries. Oh yes, and somewhere in there I need to continue exercising, attempt to enjoy as much summer time outside as possible (an absolute must for my spiritual and emotional nourishment) and do crazy things like spend time with my equally busy husband and my dog child, and possibly even be a little social. I am exhausted just typing all of that. BUT, what makes me an "Everywoman" of sorts is that I, like everyone else, am a busy bee. We can all do this and find time to squeeze in health and fitness!! I feel like we are a little support group here, and if I can lend a hand by writing more about what I am doing on a more regular basis, then we'll be unstoppable. Take that Busy Schedule!

So that is where I am.

I’ll leave you with this cookbook my nice friends got for me as a birthday gift. It’s all about how to cook vegetables a ton of different ways. When I get gifts like this I feel so supported. I’ve already made a pea dish and a corn dish both that rocked my face off (and they were sooo simple).

4 comments:

  1. so how much weight do you think you lost? I'll be looking forward to reading more as the next six months go by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gma Kathleen: I've really only lost between 13-15lbs. I've out on a lot of muscle that I didn't have before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you use the word scandalous...it brings me back to college and Sisco's Thong Song!! :)

    And I love recommendations for cookbooks so thanks! Looks like you have a busy but fun summer coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for posting. yay for exercising. and i'm so glad you said you'll be happy with maintenance on the measuring. it's hard to know "when is enough" when you keep checking in on those things..

    ReplyDelete