Friday, April 8, 2011

The Way Eye See It

I write about being healthy and trying to be the best me I can be inside and out. Yes, a lifelong battle with weight and food is tough, but manageable. Imagine not being able to rely on one of your most valued physical needs, your eyes. My bestiekins, The Broke-Ass Bride, has been living with an auto immune disease in her eyes for over nine years. From implants to glaucoma to steroid drops to needles in her eyeballs, she's been through it all. Sadly, she will soon have to go through her 12th eye surgery. Between old school loans, expensive treatments and general tough times with finances, the bills keep racking up with no end in sight. Not feeling comfortable with a traditional fundraiser, but in need of help, Dana and her husband Hunter have created Dishing For Dana, an online recipe share project that will help raise funds to bring down her pile of medical debt as well as raise money for the American Autoimmune Related Diseases Association.

Read all about it here.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Stacoo! You are truly one of the biggest gifts of my life. And if it weren't for my disease, I would have never met you :) Aren't I the lucky one, warts n' all?

    ReplyDelete