Monday, October 10, 2011

Oh October

October has gotten off to a rough start. My Paw Paw passed away last week and we said goodbye to him on Friday, his 89th birthday. He was an avid farmer and no doubt my need to garden comes from him.

Tuesday when I got the news I opted to work from home and chose a nice long fall walk over my scheduled workout.

Last weeks workouts included:

Monday: Ultimate Conditioning Class (30 Minutes of cardio, strength, cross-conditioning exercises) and Zumba
Tuesday: Walk
Wednesday: Strength Yoga

This week's plan is:

Monday: Zumba and Cardio Barre Sculpting
Tuesday: Strength Boxing and Abs & Butt Blast
Wednesday: Strength Yoga
Thursday: Off (I have a fundraiser to attend- It's a costume party-I'm going as a disco queen!)
Friday: Pilates and 100s Cardio

Over the past few weeks I've noticed that my bum is really shaping up. I've always been in the Flat and Wide Club, but these seven months or so of hitting the gym regularly are starting to give me some tone back there. I'm happy because those kind of curves are hot!
Ain't no shame in that game Scarlett!!
It's time to start thinking over Thanksgiving menu options. This year I will be traveling home and will need something easy to assemble at my aunt's house. My plan as of now is to have my mom bring her crock pot and I will do a simplified pumpkin soup (pumpkin, veg broth, whatever seasoning is available, frozen pre-minced onion). It will be really flavorful, easy, and a great dish to share and show my family how deliciously I eat. I think they were all worried about me when all I ate at the post-funeral dinner was grapes. (Trust me-afterward I had a huge veggie sandwich, a big salad, and some cashews.) My mom is also going to bring some veggie sides as well. I plan to do a trial run of my soup soon and will be sure to share.
Are you planning your Thanksgiving dinner yet?

2 comments:

  1. I always feed vegetarians and vegans for thanksgiving. here's one of my favourites:

    http://dinewell.blogspot.com/2007/11/fall-casserole-vegan.html

    I also have vegan mushroom gravy, brussels sprouts, stuffed mushrooms, roasted cauliflower soup, apple-onion stuffing... and more. let me know if you want any recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can make $20 for filling a 20 minute survey!

    Guess what? This is exactly what large companies are paying for. They need to know what their customer needs and wants. So these companies pay $1,000,000's of dollars each month to the average person. In return, the average person, like me, fills out surveys and gives them their opinion.

    ReplyDelete