Sunday, April 15, 2012

Simple, Fresh, Divine

A couple of weekends ago I was on the run and stopped home briefly. I knew I'd be making a substantial dinner later that night, but I needed a good snack to tide me over. I put together a little salad that was surprisingly refreshing and simple...too simple to even call it a recipe...but share-worthy nonetheless.

I threw together chick peas, defrosted frozen peas, cucumbers, black beans, and roasted peppers. I tossed it in some olive oil, salt, pepper, oregano, a little garlic powder, and a dash of lemon juice. Such a refreshing, colorful rejuvenating snack! I would totally bring this to a picnic. On top of some whole wheat pasta, couscous, or quinoa? Heck yes!
Have you thrown together any surprise simple treats lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment